The popular LS8 was refined with a FES system and is now sold as LS8-e neo. Our prototype was tested by many different pilots during the last 12 months. Based on customer feedback we took the chance to make some improvements for serial production.
- A nose-hook is available on demand and allows a comfortable aero-tow with improved directional stability
- The nose spar which holds the motor was modified to get more space in the legroom. Now every serial LS8-e neo has the same cockpit dimensions as a LS8 in sailplane configuration.
- The battery cover can now be opened and closed easily without tools
- a new propeller-stop software allows easy stop and positioning of the propeller and is also working reliable under low RPMs
- We modified the air flow inside the vent system. The ventilation system is very silent now.
We also successfully converted a LS8-th with a defective engine into a LS8-e. We can offer to do this for other aircraft that have an engine or engine preparation as well. Questions regarding such retrofit maybe directed to Sebastian Tschorn or Dirk Ströbl.